Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Vanity hurts...literally





I've wanted a Brazilian blow-out for over a year now (get your head out of the gutter, it's nothing dirty, just a hair treatment.) However, the thought of soft-frizzless hair was quite seductive to a girl who has been teased her whole life b/c of having big hair, and has probably spent more money on oils, mousse and hairspray than she did on her law degree (OK, not quite-but close.)


Thanks to LivingSocial, I finally got the opportunity to get a Brazilian blow-out at the low cost of $69!! Maybe that doesn't seem like a deal, but the longer and thicker your hair is, the more expensive treatments get...A Brazilian would normally cost about $325 for my particular mane.


My hair looked great for two days. Day three came and I was finally allowed to wash and blow dry. I was not dissappointed, my heair was soft and frizz free.


Then, I noticed a red spot on my scalp. I've had a small cyst there for years, but it looked really red and inflamed. The next morning I woke up with what I thought was a sinus infection, my eyes were puffy and red and my forehead hurt. The bump had gotten larger too, and I felt like someone was pulling my hair!!



Finally, after calling 19 doctors, with no luck getting an appointment, I drove myself to the Urgent Care.


After a 3.5 hour wait, I was informed that the large bump on my forehead was a sebaceus cyst that had gotten infected (most likely in a salon.) The doc surgically removed the cyst on the spot.


It was quite painful, but in a few short hours I felt major relief in my eyes and forehead. I didn't have a sinus infection but the infection from the cyst had spread to my face!


I will have to see the doc a few more times while the spot on my head heals and I am wearing a very fashionable headband made of gauze for a while but had I not gone to the Urgent Care, things could have gotten much worse. My hair does look great though!




No comments:

Post a Comment